Sunday, May 13, 2012

Looking back

Okay, I'm not going to reminisce about "I Want To Be A Turk!"

I was reading my very first fanfiction, "Romeo and Juliet, FF8 style!" and I was quite amused at my own writing. Sadly, I was so embarrassed with my own writing that I revamped ALL my stories (forgetting to backup the older copies for laughs). As such, my oldest writing is dated 2008, which... isn't THAT old (considering that I've started in 2004).

Yes, lesson to learn (forever). Keep your old drafts for fun and laughter. I'm quite sad to say that none of my old writings are around, especially the one with "Be My Knight!" The first draft was absolutely hilarious and I was terribly ashamed to show it to anyone.

Anyway... regarding old fics? I plan to use them, but I have no idea when I will have the time to. If you remember, I have a dozen of plot bunnies waiting to be birthed and nurtured. Besides, in order for me to go back into the old fics, I probably would have to watch FF8 again. Researching on FF7 took me a (pardon my french) hell lot of time, and it was time I could spare because I was on a month-long getaway in China.

... Writing about all these makes me wish that I have more time to write. Oh well, I guess that I am a pretty disorganised person by nature. If I'm that determined to write, then I jolly well make time for my writing (instead of complaining).

Anyway, I've yet to post another chapter because I'm... ah... lazy :P It's really funny how slowly I'm writing when I was on my internship. When I was uploading Chapter 46 on the 20th of February, I was writing Chapter 57 or 58 (Yes, I am THAT ahead of my schedule). At the beginning of my 10-week internship I realised that if I were to stop writing and upload every week, I've enough chapters to cover. By the end of the 10 weeks, and now that I (should be) uploading Chapter 57, I'm still writing Chapter 60. From a 12 chapter gap, I'm back to a 4 chapter gap.

Well, my habit is that I'd like to keep a 3-5 chapter gap between my writing schedule and my uploading schedule (i.e. if I'm uploading Chapter 1, it should be because I'm already writing Chapter 3). It keeps me far-sighted in case my future plans can't be executed because of something that I've already published. Also, for new stories, it helps me assess if the story has potential to continue. For new stories, once I'm done with Chapter 2, I'll upload Chapter 1. Yeah, just an idiosyncrasy of mine.

Anyway, I'll like to complete Chapter 60 first before I upload Chapter 57. I should be done with Chapter 60, just that there are many fight scenes, and I dread them so much :( But I. Shall. Prevail!!

So be patient with me :))

In other news, I'm so excited that Diablo 3 is coming out! I never played Diablo 1 and 2, but the trailer for 3 looks nice, and seeing how everyone has been waiting for this game for YEARS, I guess it should be awesome :D

1 comment: