Thursday, December 15, 2011

Moves Like Jagger: Chapter 6 (last!)

hurray hurray hurray!
it's over!
what started out as a frivolous earworm (that stupid song was stuck in my head for two months!!!!) resulted in a fanfiction product.

am i proud of it? well... i can only say that i can always do better. the story is kinda written in a way when i first started writing, which was girl manga style (shoujo). that was the main influence of my writing then and so you can imagine when i wrote "KISS Me!", it contained all elements (and more) of fluff and the whole... 'roses in the background' feel (only shoujo readers will get what i mean!)

ANYWAY, it wasn't meant to turn out this way, wahahaha. the very first Moves Like Jagger was supposed to be a one-shot on how Elena was dragged into training and then performing... all in one chapter. Of course, that would likely result in a 10 thousand word chapter so I figured I'll break it up into three.

Then, somewhere in the recesses of my old writing days (not that I've evolved much), the shoujo-manga side of me goes 'ooh, how about Elena get into trouble for hanging out too much with Reno and the guys?' and then, that's where it exploded into 6 chapters. wahahahaha XD

If anything, I'm glad that a simple thread of wanting Reno, Rude and Tseng to perform "Moves Like Jagger" could evolve into a decent work like what you see now, that's something I'm proud of. Also, from this fic I gained another plot bunny which I call "AVALANCHE!" (three guesses to what it is about!). However, i doubt this new story will be birthed so soon, because the details to starting the story is simply too little and weak. and yes, if you know me, i only write stories when i have the entire skeleton out so... nahh, not yet.

Back to the chapter. I don't really have much to say about the chapter per se. Just two things:

1. Tifa Lockhart. Why was she so tense with Elena? I guess Elena truly will never know... and you guys won't either till "AVALANCHE!" is written. Okay, no more about that. I won't have you all imagining possibilities, when the story is not going to be written in the near future.

2. Throughout the story I kept quiet about the settings and venues. The only thing you knew was Ackee (the school?) Well, only at the last part I mentioned Kalm. So yeah, I decided in the end the world is still set in the Planet, just that it won't be as... 'medieval' as in the game. It's a modern version of the Planet. Oh well, not that it matters in this story :)

Nevertheless, the story is over! And it wouldn't be possible without these people!

TifaRokkuhato
The Writing Artist
XXTakaraXX
Muffin7
zexydemyx66
Silver-x-Crimson

Thank you for reviewing my humble story :)

Not forgetting...

manga'slover1996
Etuvix
Agent.Kacheeky
Holly-Batali
little miss piplup


Who alerted and faved my story :) Yes, the ever-stalker me keeps track of who faved and alerted.

But of course I might miss out some more so... my sincere thanks for your support!

now to upload this and play Final Fantasy XIII :)

aichioluv, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment