Sunday, September 11, 2011

Queen

I know this totally has nothing to do with writing, but I've recently been listening to some songs from Queen (yes, I was inspired to do so after seeing the Google's celebration of the birthday of Freddie Mercury.)

They do have some awesome songs, especially "I want to break free" and "Don't stop me" :)

Okay i guess i could still link it up to writing... we can talk about songfics! i ventured into writing stories that were inspired by songs. The first one was "Dress Off" by BoA. The result of the earworm was a 5000-word story based on Samurai Deeper Kyo... the story named "Dress Off!".

I remembered i was still in China then, visiting my dad. Just... woke up one morning, sat down and typed from morning to night non-stop... till the story was done. Haha, then again, I had many days like that while I was in China. Perhaps I can document that in here again...

(EDIT: And I did! Read all about it here.)

Adding to my list to "to-says"
1. Suckseed!
2. NaNoWriMo
3. China Writing Trip

Many people liked it, though I didn't think it was my best. It merely started out as an idea: I want to write a random, fluffy fanfic. Usually when I write a fanfic, I ensure that I have a simple skeleton of the story development AND the ending... then I fill in the details and description. This time, I wrote without really thinking of the story development and ending. Though the ending later on was formed within the hour (and so much for writing aimlessly), I was pretty satisfied with the result.

I told myself then that 'NO MORE DANCE/SONG FICS!' but here we are... with me racking my brains for my ongoing short story "Moves Like Jagger" under Final Fantasy 7. I can't help it. I am totally addicted to the song, Adam Levine is simply smexy. Enough said :)

Now that I've written my second post for the blog, I suppose that this blog is really here to stay. XD Back to working around my mental block!

No comments:

Post a Comment